harpen your pencils – Prince George is off to school!
Today, the 2-year-old – sporting a baby blue backpack – had his first day at Westacre Montessori School, near his family’s home, Amner Hall, in Norfolk, England. And luckily for the rest of us, the whole thing was captured adorably by his mom, Princess Kate.
Prince William and Kate chose to enroll their son in a school that practices the famous Montessori method. Founded by Italian physician and teacher Maria Montessori, the distinctive educational approach is known for encouraging creative thinking, personalized learning and embracing individuality.
• Want to keep up with the latest royals coverage? Click here to subscribe to the Royals Newsletter.
Below, just a few of the key advantages the future king stands to gain from his Montessori education.
1. He’ll be ready to mingle with all sorts of people.
2. He’ll be a deep thinker.
3. He’ll have the freedom to be himself.
4. He’ll learn to admit when he’s made mistakes.
5. He’ll learn the importance of community.